Banksman and Slinger Training
OPITO Accredited Training Center
OPITO Banksman & Slinger course will train delegates in the principles of banking a crane using hand and radio signals, in the correct slinging of different types of loads, and in the safety precautions to be taken whilst working with cranes. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content
At the end of this Banksman and Slinger training, participants shall have knowledge of:
- Provide personnel, who have little or no experience of the Banksman & Slinger role, with the basic knowledge of activities associated with the combined roles, and the safety and regulatory requirements of those activities.
- Allow the delegate to demonstrate basic Banksman & Slinger practical skills following instruction and demonstration by the training staff.
- Prepare the delegates for the next stage of the progression path to becoming a competent banksman & slinger i.e. Stage 2: supervised workplace experience.
- Regulations and safety issues
- Principles for Selection of Lifting Equipment
- Introduction to Lifting Roles & Equipment
- How to prepare for the Lift
- How to carry out the Lift
- Restoring the Work Area
- Banksman duties
- Communications and visibility
- Principles of slinging
- The role of the Banksman & Slingers in a planned lift
Unit 1 - Introduction to Lifting Operations
Unit 2 - The Banksman’s Role
Unit 3 - Slinging Operations
Unit 4 - Practical Exercises
An OPITO approved certificate will be issued upon successful course completion.
Health and Safety Training Courses
For personnel wishing to become competent in the Banksman & Slinger role in the oil and gas industry, all personnel who are involved in banking and slinging for cranes offshore and for those who supervise such work.